Pages

Sunday, July 19, 2009

My Special Place



We are starting a new project here at Panther Creek Cottage. My good husband once again is making my half baked dreams a reality. But before I go into what we are up to now, I have to share with you another dream the man fulfilled for me several years ago. I have mentioned many posts ago about the barn my husband so lovingly transformed into a shop for me. A place to call my own, a space to create.... well, just about dadgum anything!

It all started when I was caring for my mother (now home with Jesus) when her health was declining. My dear husband knew about my dream for a shop (he had no choice, it's how I am). And over the course of caring for mom, he built me what has become my most favorite spot at the Cottage. Come see!


Just a wee bit up thar.... see the little blue barn nestled in those firs?




Just a wee bit more, beyond the herb garden... there it is.


DH poured the concrete and framed the space in. Our neighbor had this large metal framed window just hanging around. We thought it would be great right here at the back of the shop to let in some more natural light. Natural light, it's the thing you yearn for when nestled in the firs.



Before long my special special guy finished the interior with salvaged barn wood, old oxidized ( a nice rusty red colour) tin roofing, barbwire, and a great John Wayne (my other special special guy) picture. I have shared with you my yearly Grandma's workshop haven't I? It's always close to Christmas, always cold out, always dark, and always fun. At least for the grandfolks and grandkids. Our kids get to be helpers with the projects. It's good for them.... really, just in case they forget there are no breaks for parents!




There he is.... the wonderful older gentlmen sitting next to me, the very happy woman in her most favorite place. Can you make out John on the far right? Special.





Thanks Babe.

P.S. More on our new project coming soon.

Blessings
Post A Comment!

Sunday, July 19, 2009 - Untitled Comment

Posted by kinserab
That looks like a great shop. I would love to hear the kind of things you do in there.

Amy
Permanent Link

Monday, July 20, 2009 - Untitled Comment

Posted by Lorie
Hi there! I love the picture of the whole family!! Beautiful!! And, you know I love the workshop...love it!! Did I mention that I love you too?
Lorie
Permanent Link

Tuesday, August 4, 2009 - Untitled Comment

Posted by Zucchinimom
What an absolute blessing!!!! You have such a precious husband!

No comments: