Pages

Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Comfort & Joy


About the Comfort & Joy I mentioned in my last post. When Christmas and New Years are over and all the hustle and bustle subsides, it is a bit of relief. And it's weird, but the long awaited Tidings of Comfort & Joy finally arrive for me in the ensuing quietness of the new year, in my little cottage kitchen, over a kettle of simmering soup, homemade bread, good coffee. And the good tidings of great joy which will be to all people?, is at once made real in my heart.


Comfort & Joy and homemade bread.

They just go together some how.





There's the tangy sourdough, all bubbly and ready to go.




Then there's the old cast iron pot, to bake the bread, that brings the comfort, and....




Joy

Serene produces Comfort & Joy on a much grander scale. She makes a large quantity of sourdough bread regularly to feed her family. You can learn about the healthy benefits of sour cultured breads, right here as she whips up a batch. Of course most folks have their own tried and true ways of bread baking, including me, but there's always room for some healthy improvements ya'll.

Tidings of Comfort & Joy

bfitz






Post A Comment!

Wednesday, January 13, 2010 - Untitled Comment

Posted by HopefulHeart77 (68.207.166.139)
Wow! I can't wait to check out all the links in this post. Sounds great. Thank you so much for stopping by my blog and leaving a comment.
Yes. I do grind all my grains. The mill that I use and Have used for many years is a ktech. It works great and is a little less expensive than some of the other brands. It is also made in the USA which is very important to me.
Here is a link . I do not remember where I bought mine but this is the one I have.
http://www.harvestessentials.com/kteckitmil.html
Many, Many blessings to you and yours.

No comments: