Pages

Thursday, December 16, 2010

Christmas Cookies




I have a penchant for signage. Lettering, numbers, phrases, I love all of it. I have made a few signs here and there over the years. But if I ever decided to go pro, well, I couldn't. Because these folks are using the dadgum name I would have picked! Oooh. I love their little shop at Etsy, you should check it out. Only if your a sign freak like me of course.


But the cookies, the cookies. That was the original idea of this post, so lets get to it. Could I interest you in some wheat germ, bran, and flax Christmas cookies. No? I didn't think so. So, I won't ask you to beat egg whites to a soft peak either. No folding in gently, no parchment paper, etc. What I will do is give you a quick and easy "big hit" cookie that is both chewy and crisp that tastes like Carmel and toffee. For reals!

I have to make a double batch for a cookie exchange. Never been to a cookie exchange? Egads! Take my advice, don't forget the merlot. I won't be breaking a sweat on these cookies and I plan on saddling em' up right next to those snickerdoodles made by the gal with the moist brow.


Caramel Heavenlies

12 graham crackers (4-3/4 inches X 2-1/2 inches)

2 cups mini marshmallows

3/4 cup butter or margarine

3/4 cup packed brown sugar

1 teaspoon ground cinnamon

1 teaspoon vanilla extract

1 cup sliced almonds

1 cup flaked coconut

Line a 15" X 10" X 1" baking pan with foil. Place graham crackers in pan; cover with marshmallows. In a sauce pan over medium heat, cook and stir butter, brown sugar and cinnamon until the butter is melted and sugar is dissolved. Remove from heat and add vanilla. Spoon over the marshmallows. Sprinkle with almonds and coconut. Bake at 350 for 14-16 minutes or until browned. cool completely. Cut into 2" squares, then cut each square in half to form triangles. Makes about 6 dozen.

P.S. No merlot? I nice cup of tea would be lovely, thank you.

1 comment:

cynthia said...

and who turned you onto these heavenly carmels-humm love you