Pages

Friday, December 10, 2010

Grandmas Christmas Workshop



It's beginning to feel alot like Christmas. Everywhere I go.
So I have Grandma's Christmas workshop bouncing around in my noggin and I need to decide on a craft project to do with the grandchildren. Pronto!

Last year we made little ornament boxes. A paper folding project using up some of my collection of Christmas cards past. Only a small dent in my supply. So I am always on the look out for ways to up-cycle Christmas cards. I love the free art that arrives in my mailbox each year. They are bold or sometimes pastel, include glitter occasionally and handwiritng (I hope). Little pieces of decor for the home on the holidays. It can't get any better than that.


A little glimpse into Grandma's Christmas Workshop 2009 and our little Christmas boxes.







Then at Christmas 2008, we made stars. If you don't know how I feel about stars. Well don't get me started. This project required parent help, and even then, we knew that this was not the best choice of project for children or novices as ourselves. It was a little trying, but we did it.




But I think this year we are going to scale it down even a little further. And my favorite place to get a bead on fun childrens crafts year round is
The Crafty Crow. I think they're little jingle bell garlands using cut up egg cartons are adorable and will be just right.

Got your spirit on?



No comments: