Pages

Thursday, January 20, 2011

Marketing



I once had a little vintage shop. Nothing spectacular. Just your usual items of mismatched china, glassware, silver table ware, old vanities and the like. I really enjoyed chatting with customers about the history and former life of stuff people owned. Like how someone loved and chose that sweet floral patterned tea cup so long ago. Stuff like that. It also gave me an outlet to sell some of my own crafty stuff.

Like this little key safe.






There were hand selected curiosities in every nook and cranny of my little shop.

How was I to present my amassed treasures so as to attract the customers eye?

Well, I'm no marketing guru. But I knew one surefire strategy to physically get the buyer near the product.

No power point presentation, I promise.

Are you ready?




Add a well placed baby. That's it. Works every time.

No comments: