Pages

Monday, January 31, 2011

The Wagon Wheel

I love the wagon wheel. For everything it represents. Fortitude, endurance and strength. I feel the same about the Toyo Terrain Masters on my Chevy pick up. But that's another story.

This relic sits in my garden, where I can touch it and think about how it was made and by whom.





Which makes me recollect the Dufur Threshing Bee and the wagon wheel making demonstration.

Amazing.







Lots of fire, hot steel, water and cowboys & girls.

whodoggie!







I'm also reminded about the teamwork it took in making that wheel and the team work it took to survive on the Oregon Trail. It represents so much. Says so much. Not just about the rugged wagon wheel but about the rugged courageous folks like those I give tribute to in Pioneer Spirit.

And the Spirit lives
.

No comments: