Pages

Friday, January 7, 2011

From The Trail






The Circadian Rhythm.


Beware it's mesmerizing beat. I'm marching to it's drum these days. It has a catchy, groovy kind of tune that's hard to resist. But oh do I try to resist, really I do. But it's powerful stuff folks.

Let me explain it to you this way. If I were a sunflower. I would awaken to the rising sun and then oscillate towards it's setting, nod my little head, and wait for it to rise again tomorrow, repeat.




Wikipedia states that the Circadian Rhythm "is a roughly 24 hr. cycle in the biochemical, physiological or behavioural processes of living entities on Earth." (this would explain the cocktail hour).

The Circadian Rhythms are built in and self-sustained. They adjust to the environment by external cues called
zeitgebers, the primary one which is daylight.


See, I'm not crazy, the
zeitgebers are out to get me!


1 comment:

C-ingspots said...

Hello there my wonderful friend. God Bless you and I love you!! Have I told you lately how very much I admire you and cherish your friendship? No? Shame on me! I'm telling you now - dear, beautiful, creative, wonderful friend o'mine!!! I miss you and can't wait for the days when I can pop in my car and go for more walks in the woods with you and do some craftsy projects with you and go scouting for goodies in rusty, dusty old places with you...sounds heavenly! But, instead for now, let's go have breakfast soon! I've been catching up on all your blogging of late - girl, you've been bizzy!!! Very interesting stuff and very cool pics too!!! Call me when you wanna, oh and let's do a sauna night and have a coupla beers too kay???