Pages

Monday, September 3, 2007

Blackberries


Blackberry time! A pail full to make one delicious pie is about all we pick anymore. We have a few favorite places to pick and with my husband helping by cutting away those briars that always seem to hide the biggest, juiciest ones we quickly have enough. Then begins the picking for pleasure, meaning pick and eat as many as you can before leaving sticky fingered with plenty of scratches from those thorny bushes. Our raspberry patch has been very fruitful this year too. I have 4qts. frozen with more to go. The crickets we would hear at dusk are now chirping all day in the late summer sun. Don't you just love to soak up this time of year? I have read blogs about the scorching heat, panting chickens and such. But here in Oregon we are enjoying the most pleasant September. Knowing the damp and dark will return soon enough, I love to take time to feel the low September sun on my back, it truly makes me feel lazy but content at the same time. I pray the Lord will bless ya'll with the fruit of your hands as you prepare your families and homes for the winter months. In all your labors I hope there will time to enjoy crisp morning air, the glorious tastes and smells of the garden and the warmth of the late summer sun
on your back.
Post A Comment!

Wednesday, September 5, 2007 - Untitled Comment

Posted by Anonymous
Mom, you have the most beautifully written entries! Why I never had you get a blog sooner, is beyond me. I love you so much!

Ali
Permanent Link

Friday, September 14, 2007 - Untitled Comment

Posted by Dar
The kids and I picked a bunch of berries recently, too. I think we need to do it again. I'm also thinking of getting some peaches to can, but its been awhile and I'm a bit reluctant to do so...

I am so glad you blog!

Could my kids and I come for a visit sometime? You could even put us to work. My oldest girl has been asking what it was like in Little House on the Prairie days!

~Dar
Permanent Link

Friday, September 21, 2007 - Untitled Comment

Posted by anoldfashionedgirl
Your blackberries look wonderful. Since we moved to Montana from Washington, we havent had blackberries. I miss blackberry jam on toast in the morning YUM!
Jamie
Permanent Link

No comments: